Monday, August 31, 2020

Review: The Dragon Reborn

The Dragon Reborn The Dragon Reborn by Robert Jordan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Not going to hold back much here... SPOILERS AHEAD

-
-
-

How many times can you kill a guy that can't be killed??? Obviously there are 14 books, a prequel, and a companion, so we have a lot more to get through... Anyways. THAT part wasn't the greatest, but I won't let those 5 pages or so ruin the rest. The rest of the book was so so so awesome. I absolutely loved that everyone was headed to the same place, at the same time, and their paths only, finally, crossed in the very end.

Rand going to pull the sword. Perrin, Moiraine, Lan, and Loial chasing Rand, finding Faile along the way. Egwene, Nynaeve, and Elayne hunting black Ajah. Mat going to Andor, then chasing the girls to save them, with Thom. Aiel and darkfriends and forsaken everywhere you look. I tried explaining this to my husband quickly and it was far more complicated than I even thought. What a well written story.

I can't wait to see what happens with Perrin (who might be my favourite character), the Falcon, and the Hawk - hinted in the last chapter, way to go, now I really want to know who she is. I really hope he doesn't turn into a wolf permanently. Maybe we'll meet Elyas again and he will help figure things out. Plus Min was on her way to Tar Valon. So many unanswered questions. Was Morgase's statement about talking to Sheriam in her study a code? Is her new "advisor" one of the forsaken? Will Matt's luck run out? Is the "dark one's own luck" going to affect him the more he uses it? Is Thom dying, for real this time? Where did the 11 black Ajah take off to and what other ter'angreal do they have? Who can you trust in the White Tower? Will the mud ever dry up in Tear??? lol. Okay, maybe not this last one, but seriously, tons I need to know.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and while it took me a while longer to read (maybe life was just busy) I try to think about what the majority of the book was about and it comes down to traveling; by boat, by horse, from inn to inn, city to city. How can a book about going from one place to another be so damn interesting? I'm thinking at this point, I just love spending time with these characters.

After the first book I mentioned I enjoyed how Perrin and Rand thought better of each other when it came to talking to girls, and then in the second book they beat that horse to death. It became something that was said too often. But now all is in balance. They haven't mentioned it and another romantic subplot seems to be working it's way into the light now with Perrin finding more confidence in himself every day.

I really want to finish the series before the show comes out. Already it is far too tempting to go and look at who they're casting, and I want to have one full read through with my own ideas before getting sucked into their cast. When it comes to reading other series that have been turned into movies and shows, I wish I could remember who these characters were to me first. Just a side note. But still, must get back to reading. So good!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: The Shadow Rising

The Shadow Rising by Robert Jordan My rating: 5 of 5 stars I really enjoyed this book, though it had me ...